Translate

17 April 2016

Isle of Skye, Scotland in all its glory

Oh my god, what an unforgettable trip! 


Car, maps, camera... That is all we needed to enjoy Isle of Skye in March. Indeed, we have hired a car and forecast our route to be sure to visit all the most beautiful places of the island or on the road. We slept in a perfect youth hostel named 'The Cowshed' that I recommend you (Details below). Don't hope using your phone as GPS, we were outside the coverage zone. Cut off from the world in the middle of the sheeps, ideal, right? Yes it is! 

During 3 days, we crossed this island under sun, rain and snow to discover how wonderful were the Scottish wild landscapes. One of our objectives was to take a picture of the emblematic sheeps and cows - we did it! 


We also was looking for some places which appeared in movies like Harry Potter, James Bond or Skyfall. What a privilege to walk in the footsteps of the greatest actors! Can I say that I met Emma Watson? Daniel Radcliffe? Pierce Brosnan? Daniel Craig? Almost...

Glenfinnan Viaduct - Harry Potter (2001) with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.


Loch Shiel - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005).
Eilean Donan Castle - James Bond, The world is not enough (1999) with Pierce Brosnan.
Glencoe valley - Skyfall (2012) with Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem.
I also had the opportunity to see the famous Fairy Pools, known to be beautifully crystal clear blue pools on the River Brittle. Unfortunately, it was raining but they are still splendid. 

 I saw the famous Loch Ness in Fort Augustus, under a beautiful sun, it was really incredible - this lake seems endless! 

 Duntulm Castle, these ruins at the edge of the cliff, also impressed me by its view. 

 I stopped to Kilt Rocka famous sea cliff in north east Trotternish. It's said to resemble a kilt, with vertical basalt columns to form the pleats and the pattern. What an imagination! 

 I also could see Old Man of Storr under snow. The name of Old Man of Storr comes from the fact that seen from the front, the rock and the hill of Storr on the back evoke the face of an old man.
________________________________________________________

The Isle of Skye is definitely my favourite place in Scotland. I hope you will visit this island at least once in your life. This is an amazing experience! 
By the way, do you remember the title of my blog? 'How did I fall in love with Scotland?' a lot of answers are in this last article. Landscapes, culture, sheeps, cows, lakes, bridges, History. 

I realized a short video to recount all about my three days trip on the Isle of Skye in March and show you all that I had the chance to discover. Feel free to tell me what you think about it in comment.




Youth Hostel: The Cowshed Boutique Bunkhouse Location - Uig, Isle of Skye, IV51 9YD
 07917 536 820 http://www.skyecowshed.co.uk/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Toujours aussi nostalgique de voir ça...