Translate

12 April 2016

Bon appétit!



Fish & Chips

It's impossible to come to the UK without tasting the famous Fish & Chips, on site or take away. When my friends come to visit me, I always bring them savouring one. What a delight!






Haggis

Specifically, the Scottish culinary speciality is the haggis, a stuffed ewe's stomach. Yes, it's better not to know how this is done I grant you. But, well-cooked it's delicious!

If you want a good place to savour these specialities, let me advise you to go to The Chippy Doon The Lane (details below). You can get a good deal for your money and they have an incredible sauce for fries. 

The Chippy Doon the Lane - 84 Buchanan St, McCormack Lane, Lanarkshire G1 3AJ


Scottish Breakfast


You can't miss the Scottish breakfast when you're in Glasgow. It often contains haggis, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, toasts, potato scone, hash brown, eggs (poached, fried or scrambled), etc... You can also eat this breakfast at home, feel free to make it yourself!



Irn-Bru

Morever, I noticed that everyone drink Irn-Bru in Scotland. This is the famous national drink, the main competitor of Coca-Cola. Its characteristic? It’s bright orange. Its taste? Sugar. I tasted and I keep a bad memory of it. Try it and let me know what you think about it!


No comments: