Translate

25 March 2016

Xmas in Scotland

Even if I came back to France to enjoy Christmas with my family, I attended all preparations in Scotland. Indeed, I had the chance to go to Edinburgh for the Christmas market and I also enjoyed Christmas decorations or the 'Santa Dash' in Glasgow. 

Edinburgh

I went to Edinburgh especially for the Christmas market that I had heard about. It was really impressive! It was like 'a little city in the city' where we could find an outdoor rink, dozens of stalls, a Ferris wheel, Christmas lights of all kinds and the caravan of a fortune-teller (Madame Irma? Maybe). All the city was also beautifully decorated.
Edinburgh



Glasgow was also magnificently-decorated especially the Princes Square as you can see below. 


Princes Square, Glasgow

Princes Square, Glasgow

George Square, Glasgow

Argyle Street, Glasgow


But what marked my Christmas in Scotland is the 'Santa Dash', a run allowing all Father Christmases to redecorate city streets in red and white. What an event! 6000 participants was recorded this year...This is not a competition, some kids and dogs ran. Yes, they really did it! 







To celebrate Christmas in Scotland, we organised a dinner with our French and Swiss neighbours. And because Christmas without presents is not really Christmas, we planned a lucky draw for the gift distribution. 


 Cheers!

No comments: